Friday, September 16, 2011

The Jungle Book

For Sarah's birthday, I bought her The Jungle Book on DVD because I'm not a good enough boyfriend to find it on Blu-Ray. While I was watching it, about two minutes into Mowgli meeting Baloo, I started to find character similarities between Baloo and The Dude from The Big Lebowski. I decided to try to cast the entire movie in my head. Here's what I came up with:

Baloo: Jeff Bridges
Bagheera: Liam Neeson OR Morgan Freeman. I still haven't made up my mind.
Shere Khan: Anthony Hopkins. Shere Khan is totally the Hannibal Lecter of Disney movies.
Kaa: Steve Buscemi.
King Louie: Don Cheadle
Colonel Hathi (more commonly known as that big elephant): Michael Caine
The four Vultures: Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Mackenzie Crook, and Tom Brooke.

You're noticing a lack of Mowgli, no? That's largely due to the fact that I have no idea who I would cast for Mowgli. So get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment